Contact & support
To contact the Royal Commission
- email DRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au
- telephone 1800 517 199 or +61 7 3734 1900 9:00am to 6:00pm AEDT Monday to Friday, excluding national public holidays
- SMS 0459 906 629 – text only (Please note that it may take up to 2 business days to respond.)
- post GPO Box 1422, Brisbane Qld 4001.
If you would like to contact us in your own language, including a First Nations language, email DRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au and we will organise an interpreter.
For a free-of-charge translator or interpreter phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. Ask to be connected to 07 3734 1900.
If you are Deaf or hard of hearing, you can use the National Relay Service. Or you can send us a text on 0459 906 629 and we will organise an Auslan interpreter.
Independent Counselling and Advocacy
The Australian government has funded counselling and advocacy services to help people engaging with the Disability Royal Commission.
A counsellor can support you to talk about your feelings and emotions in a safe space.
An advocate can help you tell your story, protect your rights and access other supports.
Blue Knot Foundation’s National Counselling and Referral Service
Blue Knot Foundation offers free, specialist counselling support and a referral service for people with disability, their families and carers, and anyone affected by the Disability Royal Commission.
1800 421 468
9am - 6pm AEDT Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm AEDT Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
Other independent counselling and advocacy supports in your state
Each state has a counselling and advocacy services funded by the government to support people impacted by the disability Royal Commission.
Visit the Department of Social Services website- external site for more information or to find a full list of support services in your area- external site.
Other useful contacts
Other useful contacts
These services are not specifically funded to support the work of the commission, but are available 24/7 to provide support if you would like someone to talk to about your situation.
Beyond Blue Support Service
Beyond Blue Support Service – phone 1300 224 636, webchat or email (24 hours/7 days) for free, immediate, short-term counselling, advice and referral services.
Lifeline Crisis Support
Lifeline Crisis Support – phone 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) or chat to a crisis supporter online (7pm – midnight/7 nights). This is a confidential service providing you with support for when you feel overwhelmed, for when you have difficulty coping, or are thinking about suicide.
1800Respect – phone 1800 737 732 Open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.
Complaints Mechanisms for People with Disability
Disability Advocacy Finder
Disability Advocacy Finder is an online tool to help you find NDIS Appeals providers and disability advocacy agencies across Australia.
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
If you have a concern about the quality or safety of an NDIS support or service, you can contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission).
To contact the NDIS Commission
- telephone 1800 035 544 (toll free) or TTY 133 677. Interpreters can be arranged
- telephone the National Relay Service and ask for 1800 035 544
- complete a complaint contact form.
For Western Australia complaints or compliments about a service provided by the WA Department of Communities, Disability Services
- telephone the Consumer Liaison Team (08) 9426 9244
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- post the consumer complaint/concern form to Consumer Liaison Officer,
Department of Communities, Disability Services
PO Box 441, West Perth WA 6872
- complete an online form
NDIS Appeals Services
NDIS Appeals has been set up to ensure that all people with disability, and other people affected by reviewable decisions of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), have access to support when seeking review of those decisions in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
To make a request for internal review of a decision:
- telephone the NDIA office on 1800 800 110
- email email@example.com
- post a written request to:
Chief Executive Officer, National Disability Insurance Agency
GPO Box 700, Canberra ACT 2601
The Commonwealth Ombudsman office can help people with disability sort out problems with Australian Government agencies.
Contact the office 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- telephone Complaints on 1300 362 072
- telephone the Indigenous Line on 1800 060 789
- for Norfolk Island, telephone 1800 1354
- for overseas callers, telephone +61 2 6276 0111
The Australian Human Rights Commission
The Australian Human Rights Commission – regarding disability discrimination.
To make a complaint:
- telephone 1300 656 419 (local call) or TTY 1800 620 241 (toll free)
- fax (02) 9284 9611
- post to Australian Human Rights Commission
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- complete a complaint form
Department of Social Services Complaints
The Department of Social Services (DDS) Complaints line is available to have your complaint escalated from the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS).
To contact DSS Complaints:
- telephone 1800 634 035
- fax (02) 6133 8442
- email email@example.com
- post to DSS Feedback, GPO Box 9820, Canberra ACT, 2601
- complete an online complaints and enquiries form
Complaints Resolution and Referral Service
The Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS) - to discuss any concerns you may have about your Disability Employment Services (DES) provider, Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) and/or Advocacy Services that are funded by the Australian Government, contact CRRS 9:00am to 7:00pm AEST and AEDST Monday to Friday, excluding national public holidays.
To make a complaint:
- telephone 1800 880 052
- telephone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 for a free-of-charge translator or interpreter
- telephone the National Relay Service (NRS) on 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 880 052 for callers who are deaf or have a hearing impairment
- submit an Online Complaints Form
Legal Aid Complaints
Legal Aid complaints and compliments - complete a complaints and compliments form to submit your feedback.
Media and complaints
For media enquiries email DRCmedia@royalcommission.gov.au or call 0436 841 166.
If your enquiry is not media-related, please refer to the contact details above.
You can give feedback or make complaints about the Royal Commission by phoning 1800 517 199 or emailing DRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
All complaints will be investigated and responded to as soon as possible.