Skip to main content

Contact & support

To contact the Royal Commission

  • email
  • telephone 1800 517 199 or +61 7 3734 1900 9:00am to 6:00pm AEDT Monday to Friday, excluding national public holidays
  • SMS 0459 906 629 – text only (Please note that it may take up to 2 business days to respond.)
  • post GPO Box 1422, Brisbane Qld 4001.

If you would like to contact us in your own language, including a First Nations language, email and we will organise an interpreter.

Translating and Interpreting Service

For a free-of-charge translator or interpreter phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450. Ask to be connected to 07 3734 1900.



Sign language

If you are Deaf or hard of hearing, you can use the National Relay Service. Or you can send us a text on 0459 906 629 and we will organise an Auslan interpreter.



The Australian government has funded counselling and advocacy services to help people engaging with the Disability Royal Commission.

A counsellor can support you to talk about your feelings and emotions in a safe space.

An advocate can help you tell your story, protect your rights and access other supports.

Blue Knot Foundation offers free, specialist counselling support and a referral service for people with disability, their families and carers, and anyone affected by the Disability Royal Commission.

1800 421 468

9am - 6pm AEDT Monday to Friday

9am - 5pm AEDT Saturday, Sunday and public holidays

Each state has a counselling and advocacy services funded by the government to support people impacted by the disability Royal Commission.

Visit the Department of Social Services website- external site for more information or to find a full list of support services in your area- external site.

Other useful contacts

Other useful contacts

These services are not specifically funded to support the work of the commission, but are available 24/7 to provide support if you would like someone to talk to about your situation.

Beyond Blue Support Service – phone 1300 224 636, webchat or email (24 hours/7 days) for free, immediate, short-term counselling, advice and referral services.

Lifeline Crisis Support – phone 13 11 14 (24 hours/7 days) or chat to a crisis supporter online (7pm – midnight/7 nights). This is a confidential service providing you with support for when you feel overwhelmed, for when you have difficulty coping, or are thinking about suicide.

1800Respect – phone 1800 737 732 Open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.

Disability Advocacy Finder

Disability Advocacy Finder is an online tool to help you find NDIS Appeals providers and disability advocacy agencies across Australia.

NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission

If you have a concern about the quality or safety of an NDIS support or service, you can contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission).

To contact the NDIS Commission

For Western Australia complaints or compliments about a service provided by the WA Department of Communities, Disability Services

NDIS Appeals Services

NDIS Appeals has been set up to ensure that all people with disability, and other people affected by reviewable decisions of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), have access to support when seeking review of those decisions in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).

To make a request for internal review of a decision:

  • telephone the NDIA office on 1800 800 110
  • email
  • post a written request to:
    Chief Executive Officer, National Disability Insurance Agency
    GPO Box 700, Canberra ACT 2601

Commonwealth Ombudsman

The Commonwealth Ombudsman office can help people with disability sort out problems with Australian Government agencies.

Contact the office 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday

  • telephone Complaints on 1300 362 072
  • telephone the Indigenous Line on 1800 060 789
  • for Norfolk Island, telephone 1800 1354
  • for overseas callers, telephone +61 2 6276 0111

The Australian Human Rights Commission

The Australian Human Rights Commission – regarding disability discrimination.

To make a complaint: 

Department of Social Services Complaints

The Department of Social Services (DDS) Complaints line is available to have your complaint escalated from the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS).

To contact DSS Complaints:

Complaints Resolution and Referral Service

The Complaints Resolution and Referral Service (CRRS) - to discuss any concerns you may have about your Disability Employment Services (DES) provider, Australian Disability Enterprises (ADE) and/or Advocacy Services that are funded by the Australian Government, contact CRRS 9:00am to 7:00pm AEST and AEDST Monday to Friday, excluding national public holidays.

To make a complaint:

Legal Aid Complaints

Legal Aid complaints and compliments - complete a complaints and compliments form to submit your feedback.

Media and complaints

Media enquiries

For media enquiries email or call 0436 841 166.

If your enquiry is not media-related, please refer to the contact details above.


You can give feedback or make complaints about the Royal Commission by phoning 1800 517 199 or emailing

All complaints will be investigated and responded to as soon as possible.