Queensland Letters Patent
- Letters Patent
ELIZABETH THE SECOND, by the Grace of God, Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth:
The Honourable Ronald Sackville AO QC,
Ms Barbara Bennett PSM,
Dr Rhonda Louise Galbally AC,
Ms Andrea Jane Mason OAM,
Mr Alastair James McEwin AM,
The Honourable John Francis Ryan AM, and
The Honourable Roslyn Gay Atkinson AO
WHEREAS, by Our Letters Patent issued in Our name by Our Governor in and over Our State of Queensland and entered in the Register of Patents on 27 June 2019, We appointed you (the initial members)
- The Honourable Ronald Sackville AO QC; and
- Ms Barbara Bennett PSM; and
- Dr Rhonda Louise Galbally AC; and
- Ms Andrea Jane Mason OAM; and
- Mr Alastair James McEwin AM; and
- The Honourable John Francis Ryan AM;
to be a Commission of inquiry, required and authorised you to inquire into certain matters, and required you to submit to Our Governor a report of the results of your inquiry, and your recommendations, not later than 29 April 2022.
AND it is desired to amend Our Letters Patent;
NOW THEREFORE We do, by these Our Letters Patent issued in Our name by Our Governor in and over Our State of Queensland acting by and with the advice of Our Executive Council of Our State of Queensland and in pursuance of the Commissions of Inquiry Act 1950 and all other powers him thereunto enabling, amend the Letters Patent issued to you:
- by appointing you, the Honourable Roslyn Gay Atkinson AO, to be an additional member of this Commission of inquiry; and
- so that those Letters Patent apply to you, the Honourable Roslyn Gay Atkinson AO, in a corresponding way to the way those Letters Patent apply to each of the initial members who is not the Chair of this Commission of inquiry; and
- by inserting the following paragraphs after the paragraph "AND We appoint you, the Honourable Ronald Sackville AO QC, to be the Chair of the Commission." in those Letters Patent:
"AND We direct that the Chair be responsible for ensuring the effective, orderly and expeditious conduct of the inquiry in all its facets.
AND, without limiting the generality of the immediately preceding responsibility and as required during the conduct of your inquiry, We further direct that, other than making recommendations arising out of the inquiry and reporting on matters within these terms of reference, the Chair is authorised to give binding directions to, assign duties or functions to, or restrict the duties or functions of, other appointed Commissioners.".
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF We have caused the Public Seal of Our said State to be hereunto affixed.
Paul de Jersey
WITNESS Our Trusty and Well-beloved His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey, Companion of the Order of Australia, Governor in and over the State of Queensland and its Dependencies, in the Commonwealth of Australia, at Government House, Brisbane this tenth day of October in the year of Our Lord, Two thousand and nineteen and in the Sixty eighth year of Our Reign.
Annastacia Palaszczuk, Premier of Queensland
RECORDED in the Register of Patents, No. 51, page 85, on 10 October 2019.
Clerk of Executive Council