Share your story
You can share your experiences of violence, neglect, abuse or exploitation with the Royal Commission. This helps us learn more about the problem and how we can help prevent it in the future.
Hearing from people with disability, families, support people, organisations and the broader community helps the Royal Commission understand the extent and the impact of violence, neglect, abuse and exploitation against people with disability. This will help us to make recommendations to prevent it from happening again.
Sharing your experiences with us will help us to:
- understand the extent of the problem
- learn more about the contexts in which abuse is more likely to occur
- understand the impacts on people with disability, their families, support people and our community
- gather information relevant to our investigations and research program.
The Royal Commission cannot decide or resolve individual cases or award compensation.
The Royal Commission acknowledges that coming forward to share your experience is a big step. We want to make it as easy as possible. Please tell us about any support you need. Counselling and support is available to help you.
Ways to share your experience
You can share your experience with us:
- in writing, over the phone, in a video or audio recording by making a submission
- in a private session with a Commissioner