This calendar schedule is subject to change for a number of reasons including COVID-19 restrictions. It does not necessarily contain all activities, hearings and engagements that the Royal Commission will undertake. The calendar will be updated as more information becomes available.
- 12 – 13 August 2021: Public hearing 15, Brisbane – Satellite hearing: Criminal justice and the NDIS
- 23 – 27 August: Public hearing 16, Melbourne – Measures taken by employers and regulators to respond to the systemic barriers to open employment for people with disability
- 10 September 2021: Public hearing 13, Sydney (virtual hearing) – Preventing and responding to violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation in disability services (a Case Study) – Oral submissions
- 17 – 24 September: Public hearing 17, location TBC – First Nations children with disability in out-of-home care
- 30 September 2021: Public hearing 14, Sydney (virtual hearing) – Preventing and responding to violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation in disability services (South Australia) – Oral submissions
- 13 – 19 October: Public hearing 18, Hobart – The health and safety of women and girls with disability