This schedule sets out the timing and broad themes of hearings the Royal Commission proposes to conduct for the remainder of the year. It is subject to change for a number of reasons and does not necessarily contain all activities, hearings and engagements that the Royal Commission will undertake. The schedule will be updated as more information becomes available.
- 6 October: Public hearing 27, Sydney Hearing Room (Virtual) – Conditions in detention in the criminal justice system
- 10 – 14 October: Public hearing 28, Brisbane – Violence against and abuse of people with disability in public places
- 24 – 28 October: Public hearing 29, Melbourne – The experiences of violence against, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- 21 – 25 November: Public hearing 30, Homebush – Guardianship, substituted and supported decision making
- 5 – 9 December: Public hearing 31, Brisbane – Service providers
- 12 – 16 December: Public hearing 32, Brisbane – Vision for an inclusive Australia
Location and timing of hearings is subject to change.