Watch the live broadcast of our first Hearing
View the webcast of the First Hearing of the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. Streamed live from Townsville, Qld, Nov 4-7, 2019.
Public hearings: up next
Date: Monday 2 December to Friday 6 December
Venue: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, Melbourne.
Our next public hearing will look into the homes & living experiences of people with disability in Victoria, including people who have lived or who are now living in group homes in Victoria.
Some things the public hearing will explore:
- the right of people with disability to choose where they live and who they live with
- how group homes have affected the accommodation options and experiences of people with disability in Victoria
- the causes of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation against people with disability who live in group homes
- how effective laws, policies and government agencies are in protecting residents of group homes with disability from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation
- social inclusion options for living independently and alternatives to group homes.
Find out more about how you can be involved in this public hearing
The Royal Commission is adding new information all the time:
To keep up-to-date on all Royal Commission news, visit the News Page.
Submissions now open
The Royal Commission is now accepting submissions. For more information visit our Submissions page.
Subscribe to our mailing list
To keep up-to-date on when submissions open, as well as other important information about the Commission, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Working at the Disability Royal Commission
A Temporary Employment Register is open for candidates to register their interest in employment with the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.