2020 Events Schedule
The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability has released a schedule of events for 2020.
Date: Monday 17 February 2020
Venue: : Novotel Sydney Olympic Park Hotel, Western Sydney.
Our next public hearing will look into the provision of health care to people with disability, specifically health care and services for people with cognitive disability, including people with intellectual disability, autism and acquired brain injuries.
The issues that the hearing will explore include:
- barriers faced by people with cognitive disability when accessing and receiving health care and services, including barriers to communication and health professionals' attitudes, values and assumptions
- training and education of health professionals with respect to patients with cognitive disability
- delayed diagnoses and misdiagnoses of people with cognitive disability
- life expectancy of people with cognitive disability (particularly people with intellectual disability and people with autism)
- specific issues for First Nations people with cognitive disability with respect to health care and services.
Find out more about how you can be involved in this public hearing
The Royal Commission is adding new information all the time:
To keep up-to-date on all Royal Commission news, visit the News Page.
Submissions now open
The Royal Commission is now accepting submissions. For more information visit our Submissions page.
Subscribe to our mailing list
To keep up-to-date on when submissions open, as well as other important information about the Commission, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Working at the Disability Royal Commission
A Temporary Employment Register is open for candidates to register their interest in employment with the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.